03 April 2008

Merkaz Harav Heroes Receive Awards

Rabbi Yitzchak Dadon and David Shapira who shot the terrorist that killed eight people in a shooting at Jerusalem's Mercaz Harav Yeshiva, were awarded citations of gratitude by Jerusalem Mayor Uri Lupolianski, and Jerusalem District Police Commander Aharon Franco.

Rabbi Dadon at the Likud Awards Ceremony


Rabbi Yitzchak Dadon at was also honored at a Likud Party Award Ceremony last Tuesday.

Member of Parliament Moshe Kachalon and former MP Gilah Gamliel also attended the Ceremony.

The certificate of honor was presented to Rabbi Dadon by Mr. Eli Sheetrit, of the Likud Tegar fellowship, comprised of the fighters of the Etzel and Lechi undergrounds. Tens of Tegar members attended the salute, emphasizing the fact that Rabbi Dadon has continued the battle for the Jewish State where they left off.

During a recent interview Rabbi Dadon reconstructed his own experience the night of the attack. "I was studying alone at the front of the study room when I heard the first round of fire. I realized it was a terror attack. The room's inhabitants quickly evacuated through the front door. I pulled my gun, climbed up to the row of windows facing the street and then jumped on to the roof of the dining room. I then jumped on to a separate roof overlooking the library and the library entrance. I lay on the roof with my gun ready for about five minutes. All that time I heard gunfire from inside. Because of the fire power, I was sure that there were a number of terrorists. Had I known it was only one, I probably would have gone inside. I waited for the terrorist to come out. Then, the door to the library opened and the gunman fired in the air. Bullets flew past my ear. I carefully peeked down and the terrorist was gone.

"After a few seconds, I saw Shapira beneath with a rifle. An M-16. I shouted: 'Don't shoot me.' Shapira asked: 'Where did the terrorist go?' I said: 'Either the library or study room. Shapira peeked into the library and went back to the study room. At that point I saw the terrorist walking inside the library near the glass doors. He pressed his head against the window, with his Kalashnikov against his chest. Then, I shot two bullets. He swaggered and fell. His weapon fell to his side. Shapira fired at the same time as me, and then I emptied my clip on him. I saw him through the glass, falling."

Rabbi Dadon and David Shapira deserve much more then awards!

Related posts:
Hero
Armed civilians kill terrorist in Jerusalem

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Definitely not a report we would have otherwise seen here in the U.S.
No way that this would have been front page news or even mentioned.
Thanks for the coverage, Doubletapper.

Jews

Related Posts with Thumbnails