21 August 2008

Jewish Blogger Convention Recap

Wow. This was my first Blogger convention.

With over 200 in attendance, there were bloggers from all over the political spectrum.

Former Prime Minister, Bibi Netanyahu was due to arrive, so security was tighter then the average Israeli shopping mall.

My carry permit was scrutinized, and I was asked by the head of the security detail to "not take an active role" should any security issues arise. I agreed, and was reassured that I was within my rights to carry (openly) and to protect myself.

I walkedinside, said hi to afew of the bloggers and staff members I know and mingled, introduced myself around, and started counting guns.

There were way too many to count! Most of the men were carrying. I did see lots of fanny packs, inside the pants, small of the back, and on the hip carries.

I couldn't tell with the women, it must be that there aren't any shoes to go with fobus holsters.


P1070681


I saw lots of Glocks, S&W's a few Sigs, and even a Colt. Members of the panel and the audience were carrying, and I even saw a couple of IDF reserve firearms instructors in attendance.

Akiva did a great job of live blogging the event if you want a play by play of the the evening.

I'll post more later...


3 comments:

Metal Israel said...

http://www.metalisrael.com/?p=660 - I was pretty depressed by the thing

Metal Israel said...

http://www.metalisrael.com/?p=660 - I was pretty depressed by the thing

Batya said...

I'll have to check my other pictures to see if there are any of you.

I didn't notice any security check, unless savtot were exempt. When Bibi was pm and at the same wedding we attended, I had to take off my bracelet. Better than some other Bibi event we went to when the guard wanted me to strip off my hat--not in public! was my demand. Try checking my dental work, too, maybe.

Jews

Related Posts with Thumbnails