21 January 2010

Trijicon Rifle Scope Bible Code in IDF

تنسيق-الكليات-لعام سكس نيك كس
I had a few readers asking if the Trijicon Rifle Scope Bible Code Conspiracy theory is true and if it has reached Israel.  So I contacted a few friends and checked out the story.

I checked a few rifles out for the Trijicon Conspiracy and found...


In the IDF Golani Brigade  M4 Marksman Rifles with Trijicon ACOG Scope are all inscribed with JN8:12

From the Christian New Testament, the Fourth Book, John, Chapter 8, Verse 12 
"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."

In the IDF Givati Infantry Brigade Tavor Marksman Rifles with Trijicon ACOG Scope are all inscribed with the same code




So let me get this straight.

The IDF is a Jewish army, using Christian inscribed Rifle Scopes, to defend against fanatic Muslims.

Now that's weird.




IDF Marksman M4 in Mrs. DoubleTapper's kitchen





Curiosity got the better of me, so I called Trijicon's customer support line.  I identified myself and asked about the Bible Codes.  Here's what the rep told me.

"Each Trijicon Scope model has a specific Scriptural  Reference.  All of the Trijicon ACOG 4x32 model scopes have "JN8:12" on them.  All Trijicon Reflex Scopes have "2COR4:6" on them.  All Trijicon TA55 ACOG 5.5x50 Scopes have "MT5:16"and all Accupoint scopes have REV21:23

2COR4:6 refers to the Christian New Testament, 2nd Corinthians, chapter 4, verse 6, which says, "For God, who commanded the light to shine out of the darkness, that shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ."
 
And MT5:16 refers to the Christian New Testament, the first book, Matthew Chapter 5, Verse 16 which says, "In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

And REV21:23 refers to Revelations chapter 21, verse 23 which says "And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."











FYI, Jews don't believe in the New Testament

 If it were up to me I'd have them put 

Psalm 144:1 on our scopes.

"Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle."

Or

Ezekiel 25:17 

"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my vengeance upon them."

 

 

What Old Testament verse would you choose for the IDF?


 

Search for related posts



http://DoubleTapper.blogspot.com






19 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gotta go with Samuel Jackson's famous quote. In fact they should offer that as the replacement for all those who are offended.

Reputo said...

How about this idea...
Trijicon can sell "religious specific" scopes
Torah verses for Jews
New Testament verses for Christians
Quran verses for Muslims
Book of Mormon verses for Mormons
Bagavad Gita verses for Hindus
Confucius sayings for Taoists
and on ...
and on ...
and on ...

BTW, I'm not Jewish, but I definitely like your suggestions in Psalms and Ezekiel.

Phillip said...

I notice the common thread on those quotes is a reference to light. In that vein, I'd choose Exodus 10:23.
"They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three days: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings."

Burke said...

Although there are a lot of verses about "smiting" the enemy, I like reference to eyes to put on an optic:

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him.
(2 Chronicles 16:9)

I think I could go with the idea of appealing to Christians and Jews, NT and OT (or OT for both—-hint the part that makes the Christian bible so thick IS the OT). As far as Muslims, (please don't flame me, but look at virtually all "hotspots" in the world today), I don't think they should ever see the inscription on an optic, and I certainly don't care about offending them. How long would Israel last if they were half as concerned with offending Muslims as we are in America?

Veeshir said...

I was raised Catholic, but I would expect Jews to want something from 1 Maccabees. (not sure how the Old Testament is different from Torah)
Like, oh say chapter 3, verses:

19 For the success of war is not in the multitude of the army, but strength cometh from heaven.

20 They come against us with an insolent multitude, and with pride, to destroy us, and our wives, and our children, and to take our spoils.

21 But we will fight for our lives and our laws:

or chapter 12 verse 15

For we have had help from heaven, and we have been delivered, and our enemies are humbled.

Anonymous said...

They could've at least picked OT (Original Testament) verses for Israeli exports :-)

Mark

NAIL said...

I like the Psalms verse you offered. They are strong and they would appeal to both Christian and Jew alike. The reason cited for using the verses that are on the scopes is that they speak of a guiding "light." Trijicon weapons optics are known for their lighted reticule. Between that and the fact that it is a Christian owned company,...well...there ya go.

Christians and Jews typically use each other's products interchangeably -regardless of the religious symbols on them (Kosher products come to mind). We also use products from other faiths as well. I think that in the grand scheme of things, Christians and Jews are so used to ridicule from the world that we could care less to argue with each other about such minor issues.

Notice that the Trijicon fear being hyped is that it will inflame the terrorists even more and they will want to kill us. News flash, -they hated us before Trijicon. They will hate us after Trijicon removes the verses. So as far as that goes, nothing changed. "But it will inflame muslims who wouldn't normally take up arms and send them into the battle against our troops." -whatever.

Look if a so-called peaceful "moderate" muslim (if such a thing exists) were to get "inflammed" to the point of killing us (over a 6-10 letter abbreviated inscription) I would argue that that individual was never peaceful or moderate to begin with. They certainly wouldn't be "tolerant" -as we have been told they inherently are supposed to be.

And IF those who claim it to be a "potential" recruiting tool for Al Qaeda really thought that, then WHY-OH-WHY make such a stink out of it? We have 3 ACOGs in my family. We know troops that use them daily. NONE of us had any idea those inscriptions were on there (until it was pointed out by ABC). It looks like the creator of this blog was also caught unaware of the inscription as well. So if the users of the scopes don't know about it, do you think that the "moderate" peaceful muslims (or even the cave-dwelling fanatics) know about it? Probably not...well...they didn't know about it until this last week.

Our government wants to fool the middle east to thinking our troops and contractors are neo-secularists. It isn't true and the muslims aren't buying it. It is just a lie. All parties know this. However, to say that our troops are there for a "crusade" is also a lie and all parties know that too. This hype around the Trijicon issue is just our domestic secularists taking another stab at Christians and a Christian company. -Which operated their business and products within the proper bounds of the law.

Typical.

comatus said...

Canticles. The Song of Solomon, 1:5.

Lo, I am black, yet I am comely, ye daughters of Jerusalem.

Gun Shy Tourist said...

U.S. firm to remove Bible references from gun sights

http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2010-01-21-military-weapons_N.htm

Anonymous said...

GST- So after 30 years the new scopes won't have the Scriptural reference. What about the ones already in circulation?

How about the Old Testament quotes?

They should offer to CHANGe the inscriptions to suite the user!

Justthisguy said...

I don't have my Bible handy at the moment, but how about something frontest part of the front part of The Book, i.e., Genesis:
Something like, "The Lord said, let there be light, and there was light."

Anonymous said...

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
Psalm 23:4

Justthisguy said...

Here's another one, or, "Light Unto the Nations."

I give you Isaiah 42:6 (King James version):

I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the gentiles.

Jewish Marksman said...

Samuel 17:50 seems to me most appropriate for IDF rifle optics:

"David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him."

Anonymous said...

you have to use a light reference:

Genesis 1;3-4
3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Ritchie said...

I expect that Trijicon would entertain a contract run of scopes with custom serial numbers, after all, they are filthy capitalists too.

WV-really- light as in, let there be.

NotClauswitz said...

My Swedish Aimpoint has Odin and Thor Codes!

Anonymous said...

Psalms, 149:6-7

Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand,
to execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people.

AngryBell said...

Exodus 17:14

"Then the LORD said to Moses, “Write this in a book as a memorial and recite it to Joshua, that I will utterly blot out the memory of Amalek from under heaven.”

Jews

Related Posts with Thumbnails