06 January 2008

The New IWI Tavor makes it's debute, in my kitchen!


Lots of our neighbors kids are currently serving in the IDF. One of the new inductees in the IDF's basic training for the Givati Infantry Brigade stopped by my house Thursday evening for a quick visit while on his way home for a weekend furlough. After feeding him some of my wife's famous lasagna (we always feed our servicemen) he gave me a dry demo of the new Tavor Commando and let me try it out.

The Tavor was created by IWI to replace the Vietnam War era M16 rifles (look at my picture on the right) that the IDF has been using almost forever. The Tavor has a lightweight polymer receiver and handles really well. I ran through a few of our standard practice maneuvers and found the Tavor to be a real treat to handle.
The controls are well placed and it uses standard 30 round M16 magazines. It comes equipped with MARS optical gun sight and you can mount a night vision scope behind the MARS and not have to re-zero. The Tavor also has a visible targeting laser and flip-up back-up iron sights that are both co-witnessed with the MARS optical gunsight's red dot reticle.


Take a look at a video of the Tavor as seen on TV.

1 comment:

Jews

Related Posts with Thumbnails